Sunday, February 27, 2011

My big girl, now a whopping 3 1/2 , was a precocious talker. She had more words than I could count at 14 months old, and by 18 months old was talking in complete sentences. Around this time we noticed she was even using grammatically correct language. When she caught herself saying something like "I be tired," she would stop, all on her own, wait a moment and then say it correctly. Since she was my first, I just took it for granted. Now that I have another kid whose verbal development is how it should be, I see how amazing it was to be talking in full sentences with my 18-month-old daughter. 

Anna doesn't stop talking from the time she pops out of bed at a much too-early time, until we tuck her back into bed at night. She always has a lot to say and simply loves to express herself. She tells the best stories, and people love to listen to her. 





I dropped her off at the childcare center at the Y a few days ago, and as soon as Anna saw the teacher there, she erupted into a huge story about something that had occurred that morning at nursery school, gesticulating wildly for emphasis. The teacher told her that she should be a reporter one day. 

I bet she will go into a profession that involved some kind of self-expression. We'll just have to wait and see.



2 comments:

  1. She is adorable! She will be the scholar, for sure. I can't wait till she can write me letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added my picture--it took a while. Please have Anna call me on the phone and tell me a story. I look forward to it. Happy Birthday, Jessica! I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete