Sunday, October 2, 2011

What Little Said. . .

"Got for" = forgot

As in:  "Got for I to bring Lucy!" She wailed these words as I was trying to hustle and bustle both kids out the door and into the car to get to church before the service began. I hurriedly went through her statement over and over again, trying to figure out what she could possibly mean, while grabbing the diaper bag with the hand that wasn't holding her, giving the dog a treat, watching Anna climb into her car seat, and almost shutting the door behind me.  I stopped and looked at her, asking, "Did you forget to bring Lucy?"

She nodded vehemently and repeated sadly: "Got for I to bring Lucy!"

Ahhh. I love hearing language development. It is simply the neatest thing. 

As was the smile I received when I went back and grabbed the nearly-forgotten precious doll.

Lizie and Lucy in a quiet moment.